Travel can be tricky when it comes to fitness but with our coach retreat and photo shoot next month the team and I were NOT about to sacrifice an entire week of meeting our goals!
For me, creating a plan of action was the key to not only maintaining what I have accomplished but also to pushing AHEAD with my goals!! I was particularly excited about my results on this trip so I wanted to pass along the love. Here are my tricks:
1. I planned way ahead by starting at my leanest to give me a little wiggle room. I worked out and ate clean before I left then REALLY tightened up with a 3 day detox right before I left.
2. I took time to prepare my MIND by really locking my plan of action into my heart in a deeper way. I started by asking God to help me have self control because I’m the past travel had been a trigger to overeat and indulge in an unhealthy way. I threw away “willpower” instead I DECIDED on my success before I ever left the house. This is as important as the physical planning!! Your mind will meet you when you decide. Instead of creating the “exhausting force” of willpower I choose to be in a much less resistant place which consists of painting a picture of what I will eat a do physically to accomplish the results I desire.
3. I brought my beloved skinny shakes with me to replace a meal each day to curb my hunger. This was a great way to get in my veggies for the day and all of my vitamins.
4. I packed a few simple snacks to take along. I tried to pack everything in a carry-on to simplify my trip so I didn’t take along as much food as I usually do. (Yes I pulled that off and I was quite proud of myself! Hahaha!)
- Shakeo (feel free to shoot me a message if you want snag the discount that I get)
- Coconut oil
5. When we reserved our room we insured there was a good sized refrigerator that was cold and ready to fill it with our ecstatic foods 🙂
6. As soon as we flew in we had our driver take us straight to Whole Foods. Buying groceries first eliminated any meal plan divergence in a moment of uncontrollable “H-ANGER”. You know how tempting that hotel mini bar can be when there is a pile of gourmet sweet treats staring back at you just begging to be nibbled 😳 We focused on fresh, oxygenated foods that would feed our energy!
Our Shopping list:
- oranges (I’m so obsessed with cuties right now!)
- Red, yellow, orange peppers
- Fresh chick pea Hummus (for veggies)
- Fresh Premade salads
- Light dressings
- Almond Butter by the packet
- Hard boiled eggs
- Organic Turkey slices
- Lettuce to make turkey wraps
- Organic Brown Rice Cakes
- Fresh Quinoa Salads
8. I prepared for my sweet tooth! Each night when my sugar cravings hit I used the shake powder to make my favorite portable dessert! I just mix up the powder with coconut oil and raw oats (which I brought from home). This even got me off the hook when we enjoyed a glass of wine after a long day of FUN and INSPIRATION with the girls!
9. I created reasons to stay on track and focused on them. I want to show my best self to my team at our retreat because many of them are on the other side of the US and when we see each other in person we love to do photo shoots and inspire each other!
10. I planned for the future. When I got back I knew I’d be starting to get ready for my upcoming fat loss Detox in April. I want to go into the detox not having a laundry list of things to detox from! If you are wanting to do my 21 day fat loss DETOX with me we start the first Monday of the month. I am planning it to increase my natural energy and to say goodbye the cellulite that showed up after my last round of antibiotics but most of my girls lose between 10-30 pounds. It’s going to be a VERY motivated group of ladies! We’ll be including 5 more girls so please be sure to message me if you are motivated to be one of them.
All in all I am super happy with how this plan worked for me. We were blessed to stay at a gorgeous resort on the beach so workouts were fun and easy to look forward too. I love your precious faces and would LOVE to hear all about how this helps you plan for YOUR next trip!